A shirtdress is one of those mysterious items of clothing that seems nearly impossible for the average Jane to pull off. In and of itself,
a shirtdress is an interesting concept - a shirt that is basically long enough (sometimes albeit barely) to be considered a dress. So that alone, can be intimidating. But with a little know how and few awesome tips, you too can own this sexy look and feel totally confident.
Here are 10 simple tips to help you rock a shirt dress:
1) Pair a shirtdress with leggings and simple pumps on cooler days.
2) Wear flat slip on tennis shoes and a fedora hat to accent a sold or denim shirtdress.
4) Add a scarf for texture either around your neck or as a belt and pair with ankle boots.
5) Add a solid colored crop jacket to patterned, stripped or denim shirtdresses.
6) Strappy heels and a belt can elevate a shirt dress for a night out.
7) On cooler days, layer on a sweater with the collar showing for a fun preppy look.
8) Add a blazer and oxford shoes for an easy office look.
9) Layer your bracelets when wearing a shirtdress, especially if the sleeves are 3/4 or rolled.
10) Don't be afraid to try something daring, like wearing combat boots, mixing patterns or layering a shirt dress over skinny jeans!
Click the image below for purchase info on some of our favorite shirtdresses & accessories: